I had a major impulse buying session in my local Hobby Craft a while ago and snapped up some of their brand new Funky Chunky yarn. It’s absolutely gorgeous, really soft, chunky and has a fab texture.
I went for a couple of balls of blue and a couple of this awesome mixed colourway.
Sadly I then had to leave them sat on the shelf for ages as I had orders to crack on with but finally I just had time for a quick pallet cleanser project. I’d originally planned to make a scarf but all of a sudden I was taken by an urge to make some super snuggly slipper socks.
These socks are unbelievable cosy and ideal for keeping your feet warm on a cold night.
It took 3 balls of Funky Chunky for a pair and the pattern is easily adapted for bigger or smaller feet.
I also added little rubbery dots onto the bottom of them to make them proper slipper socks and stop me flying across the kitchen when I walk in there.
I’ve popped the pattern below for you if you fancy making your own. They would make fantastic presents for Christmas 😉
3 balls of Hobby Craft Funky Chunky
Non slip latex paint (optional)
* Sc in the 2nd ch from your hook and in the next 3st’s. 3sc in the last st.
Working down the other side of the ch; sc in the next 3 st’s and end with 2sc in the last st. Ss to first sc to join (12)
* ch1 turn, 2sc in the next 2st’s, 1sc in the next 3, 2sc in next 3, 1sc in next 3, 2sc in last st. Ss to first sc to join (18)
*ch1 turn, sc around (18)
* sc around (18) repeat 10 times in total
At this point you can do more or less rounds of the above row to make your slipper longer or shorter. Mine is made to fit a size 6.
*Foundation sc x8, skip 8st’s from row below and join with a ss to the 9th. 1sc in the next 8st’s. Ss to first foundation sc to join (18)
* sc around (18) repeat 9 times in total
* sc in first 2st, inc in 3rd. Repeat 6 times (24)
* sc around (24) repeat 6 times in total
Again do more or less rows here for a shorter or longer leg.
* Turn the sock inside out and join to the first foundation sc, ch1 and then sc 16 around evenly. Join with a ss to your first sc. (16)
* sc 6 and then Dec. Repeat twice (14)
* sc 5 and then Dec. Repeat twice (12)
* sc 4 and then Dec. Repeat twice (10)
Fasten off and then sew the hole left closed. I went in and out of each st around and pulled tight to close.
Weave in all ends and you’re done.
At this point I took my oh so fabulous latex paint and popped little dots over the sole of the slipper and put them somewhere safe to dry. You can buy the paint in pretty much every colour of the rainbow and I got mine from here.
Make sure you tag me over on Instagram if you make these as I’d love to see your versions.
I’m thinking the addition of a big button or even some Pom-poms on the outer upper cuff would look great! 😉